SA-MP Forums Archive
Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Everything and Nothing (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) (/showthread.php?tid=296554)

Pages: 1 2

Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - SchurmanCQC - 12.11.2011

Well, I just got the game and its installing as I post this. I'm psyched to try it out.

Do you have it yet?

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - Lorenc_ - 12.11.2011

Yes, I love the Kill Confirm gamemode It's so fun, I've been inside a lobby where a guy got a M.O.A.B (Tactical Nuke in MW3, I guess)

Pretty epic game, fast paced and awesome.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - RyDeR` - 12.11.2011

I do, but I don't really like it as the base is just MW2.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - Lorenc_ - 12.11.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
Посмотреть сообщение
I do, but I don't really like it as the base is just MW2.
It's not meant to be a actual brand new series of CoD, (e.g blackops).

MW3 is meant to take place after MW2 anyway, I'm not interested in the campaign as much as multiplayer, it's reasonably fun

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - lolumadd_ - 12.11.2011

Yes. They put you in matches, on the losing team, with only thirty seconds remaining. If you run or walk too close to a team mate you glitch out. You timeout in matches very frequently. They don't use dedicated servers so if the host is bad, you all suffer. There are way too many overpowered guns. When you are level one, they still put you in lobbies with level sixties. There are still noobtubers. They recycled everything from previous CoD games and only added a few minor things in. If you are playing on the computer, the amount of hackers and aimbotters are ridiculous.

Also, when I first started MW3 on my computer, it crashed. The crash message said, "Modern Warfare 2 has stopped working!". Seems like they put a lot of effort into the game.

It feels like I already played this game many times before already. I can't wait until I get my hands on some Skyrim

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - iNorton - 12.11.2011

Got it for PC, playing it when I am bored.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - Calgon - 12.11.2011

Should've just been a DLC for MW2.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - a_big - 12.11.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
Посмотреть сообщение
I do, but I don't really like it as the base is just MW1.
fixed

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - Bakr - 12.11.2011

I've had it since release date for Xbox. I must say, the campaign was amazing (and very emotional if you really got into MW and MW2). It was very entertaining and high-action paced. I also enjoyed the Spec-Ops mode. I'm glad they brought back the missions for Spec-Ops AND added the survival map (on all 16 maps). Those two aspects are also epic.

Then we get to the multiplayer, which I'm disappointed with. The MW2 multiplayer was MUCH better, in my opinion. Here is a small list of why I only played it til I got to lv 15 and probably will never visit it again: I'm honestly MUCH more content just playing MW2. Despite some of those flaws are in it, regarding the death/kill streaks and perks, the overall gameplay is more enjoyable from my perspective. If you're buying the game just for multiplayer, I wouldn't suggest you not buy it. However, many other people like it better than previous, so you may, too.

EDIT: At everyone bitching about it being MW2.5, or a base off of other games; shut the fuck up already! Who cares? Why would you fix something when it's not broken? MW3 just broke records with the number of copies it sold within 24 hours, so obviously they don't need to fix something based on a few opinions of Battlefield fans or overall trolls. If you are a battlefield fan, tell me, what's so different in BF3 than BC/BC2? The overall gameplay still feels the same. There are many neat aspects, such as the realism in lighting and animations, but most average gamers don't pay attention to them. You don't even notice most of the differences that people point out at making BF3 be such better game than MW3.

Seriously, if you're just going to bitch about it being the same thing, shut the hell up. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakr
Посмотреть сообщение
At everyone bitching about it being MW2.5, or a base off of other games; shut the fuck up already! Who cares? Why would you fix something when it's not broken? MW3 just broke records with the number of copies it sold within 24 hours, so obviously they don't need to fix something based on a few opinions of Battlefield fans or overall trolls. If you are a battlefield fan, tell me, what's so different in BF3 than BC/BC2? The overall gameplay still feels the same. There are many neat aspects, such as the realism in lighting and animations, but most average gamers don't pay attention to them. You don't even notice most of the differences that people point out at making BF3 be such better game than MW3.

Seriously, if you're just going to bitch about it being the same thing, shut the hell up. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Don't cry, it's just a game.

In short:

Quote:

Now that Battlefield 3 is working properly (almost) its vast, strategic warzones are utterly gripping and visually splendid; it is astonishing to close in on a distant firefight only to see an RPG round take out the front of an entire building. But Modern Warfare 3 offers the instant thrills and dumbass logic of the great arcade shooters. And it packs in masses of value, whatever you think of the controversial multiplayer system.

BF3 introduces Battlelog, much higher quality graphics, 3D capabilities for PC, an amazing physics engine (does CoD? didn't think so), great and realistic destruction, an amazing (yet short) campaign, vehicle warfare and many other better features than CoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't cry, it's just a game.

In short:
Says the one complaining (practically) about it being a MW2 extension? I'd say you are the one that needs to shut up.

And this is a thread for discussion about the game; I was contributing to the thread. You on the other hand just came to complain about it. I highly even doubt you've played the game. Come on, don't act as if you're mentally challenged.

EDIT (in response for yours): Then tell me, if it's such a better game, why doesn't it have nearly as many sales as CoD?

You're the one who's telling me to shut up and pointlessly swearing, your disrespect is completely unwarranted, we're all welcome to opinions, and you just yelling and screaming because someone disagrees with you isn't right. Yet it's me who's crying? There's a difference between crying and complaining.

You're contributing? You're just telling everyone who disagrees with you to "shut the f- up" - where's the contribution in that?

Quote:

EDIT (in response for yours): Then tell me, if it's such a better game, why doesn't it have nearly as many sales as CoD?

Did the iPhone sell more units than the BlackBerry did when it was first launched? Even if the iPhone was better - it still had to compete against a brand which owned a larger portion of the market. Look at where the iPhone is now. Who's to say that's not going to happen to the Battlefield series over the coming years? Also, the iPhone was nowhere near as good as BlackBerry phones were back then, they continued to release products which heavily improved. Battlefield are doing the same - they are continously improving each game for every new release - what's new with CoD?

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - westre - 12.11.2011

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Marketing.

Seems like every topic about MW3 on whatever forum it's posted, it leads to a BF3 vs MW3 discussion. Come on guys, stick to the topic. :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by westre
Посмотреть сообщение
Marketing.
That, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westre
Посмотреть сообщение
Seems like every topic about MW3 on whatever forum it's posted, it leads to a BF3 vs MW3 discussion. Come on guys, stick to the topic. :\
I agree, I wouldn't have replied if Bakr didn't bring up the irrelevant Battlefield comments.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You're the one who's telling me to shut up and pointlessly swearing, your disrespect is completely unwarranted, we're all welcome to opinions, and you just yelling and screaming because someone disagrees with you isn't right. Yet it's me who's crying? There's a difference between crying and complaining.

You're contributing? You're just telling everyone who disagrees with you to "shut the f- up" - where's the contribution in that?

Did the iPhone sell more units than the BlackBerry did when it was first launched? Even if the iPhone was better - it still had to compete against a brand which owned a larger portion of the market. Look at where the iPhone is now. Who's to say that's not going to happen to the Battlefield series over the coming years?
I was never crying in the first place. I was telling everyone to bring up the overused argument that MW3 is simply MW2.5 when they haven't even played the game. Hell, people were claiming such before the game even came out. Obviously I'm going to be frustrated when countless number of fan-boys continue to wine about it because their game isn't on top. I never "cried" because you or others disagree with me. If you could bring up a different argument as to why, then I wouldn't have reacted the way I did.

Yes, I am contributing. If all you have to say is "You're just telling everyone who disagrees with you to 'shut the f- up'", then you completely missed the beginning of my first response. How you managed to not comprehend that, and only the bottom part mentioning my objections, is not surprising considering you trying to prove me wrong here.

I don't know, I haven't looked up the numbers for either phones. Also, can you prove that the iPhone has larger numbers than that of BlackBerry right now? Despite that, I'm fairly sure the BlackBerry vs iPhone numbers were closer than that of MW3 vs BF3.

In case you, or anyone else, is interested in the sales differences:

Quote:

Electronic Arts stated that the title sold 5 million units within the first week of availability, easily becoming its fastest-selling game

Quote:

Activision claims a mind-boggling 6.5 million sold in US and UK alone in one day.
Activision claims to have sold 6.5 million copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in 24 hours, making it the most successful entertainment launch of anything, ever.

Selling 1.5 million more units in 24 hours (and that number only includes the United States and United Kingdom, not the rest of Europe, Australia, etc) than BF3 did in a week is a SUBSTANTIAL difference. However, you are right. We'll have to wait and see the differences at time goes by.

I have played the game, and I still am unsatisfied with the entire experience that the game offers.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I have played the game, and I still am unsatisfied with the entire experience that the game offers.
Okay, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - Scenario - 12.11.2011

I won't be purchasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 due to all of the negative comments by my colleagues and friends. I originally was going to purchase Battlefield 3, but I am now more inclined to pay for Battlefield 3, rather than Modern Warfare 3.

If you think you can change my mind, go ahead and try!

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - lolumadd_ - 12.11.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
I won't be purchasing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 due to all of the negative comments by my colleagues and friends. I originally was going to purchase Battlefield 3, but I am now more inclined to pay for Battlefield 3, rather than Modern Warfare 3.

If you think you can change my mind, go ahead and try!
I can change your mind with only one word. Skyrim.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 (CoD MW3) - Code_Red - 12.11.2011

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
EDIT: At everyone bitching about it being MW2.5, or a base off of other games; shut the fuck up already! Who cares? Why would you fix something when it's not broken? MW3 just broke records with the number of copies it sold within 24 hours, so obviously they don't need to fix something based on a few opinions of Battlefield fans or overall trolls. If you are a battlefield fan, tell me, what's so different in BF3 than BC/BC2? The overall gameplay still feels the same. There are many neat aspects, such as the realism in lighting and animations, but most average gamers don't pay attention to them. You don't even notice most of the differences that people point out at making BF3 be such better game than MW3.

Its my 60 dollars, i should care. I do not know about you but i do not want to buy the same game over and over.
And if you are planning to buy a Call of Duty game just for the single player, you are either rich or just silly.