SA-MP Forums Archive
[Tutorial] Plugin development guide - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Scripting and Plugins (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Plugin Development (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: [Tutorial] Plugin development guide (/showthread.php?tid=295798)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Plugin development guide - Kyosaur - 08.11.2011

Navigation

Introduction

I decided to create this topic to address issues and questions that are frequently asked about plugin development. I'm no where near an expert when it comes to C/++, or the plugin SDK, i am simply sharing what i have come to learn over my time of developing plugins. Hopefully once this topic is done it will become more of a group project with other users contributing information that i might not know, or have forgotten to include. This is a pretty big topic to try and cover, so i will need assistance.

FAQ

Re: Plugin development guide - Kyosaur - 08.11.2011

There are a couple things that the article could use for anyone wanting to contribute:

Re: Plugin development guide - GTA-Hancock - 08.11.2011

o_O Good work!

Re: Plugin development guide - dowster - 08.11.2011

YOU ARE GOD <3

Re: Plugin development guide - Norn - 08.11.2011

Excellent, obviously a lot of work put into this.

Re: Plugin development guide - Lorenc_ - 08.11.2011

Thanks a lot about the GDK information and so on with the whole tutorial. As said by Norn "Excellent, obviously a lot of work put into this."

Re: Plugin development guide - Karlip - 08.11.2011

That's a really good guide - nice job.

Will read it throughout at home.

AW: Plugin development guide - BigETI - 08.11.2011

Nice tutorial!

Anyways I've created the required files in my MVC++E but it gives me strange errors:

Translation is included

It says me that the both header files are missing, but they're all in the SDK folder.

Re: Plugin development guide - Slice - 08.11.2011

Nice one! Hopefully this will get me started with plugin development a bit.

Re: Plugin development guide - Hiddos - 08.11.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
View Post
Nice one! Hopefully this will get me started with plugin development a bit.
I had the same thoughts.

I'll re-read the tutorial again when I get home, but it looks great. Thanks

Thanks for the kind words everyone, im glad you appreciate it .

@BigETI - Make sure your windows file structure matches the filters, or you'll have to change those include lines and omit the folders in the path. I'll make a note of this in the guide later when im more awake :P.

Re: Plugin development guide - playbox12 - 08.11.2011

Great work, you talked about it on MSN alot I'm glad to finally see the (full) version. I will surely read it.

Re: Plugin development guide - XFlawless - 08.11.2011

Amazing guide. This topic deserves to be stickied !

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlawless
View Post
Amazing guide. This topic deserves to be stickied !
Hahah to be honest im obviously not apposed to that at all, though it does mean i'd have to do a good job of maintaining the guide, which i dont have a lot of time to do atm. Im still waiting to see if the community wants any part in this maintenance- if they do THEN i truly think its worth sticky status.

Re: Plugin development guide - Kostas' - 08.11.2011

Very Nice Kyosaur!
Excellent Job, but to be honest, I don't know how it works because I started learn about script a month ago, and Visual Basic & Pascal 1 week before at school. But anyway, very good tutorial

AW: Re: Plugin development guide - BigETI - 08.11.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosaur
View Post
@BigETI - Make sure your windows file structure matches the filters, or you'll have to change those include lines and omit the folders in the path. I'll make a note of this in the guide later when im more awake :P.
Please can you show me how to locate the header files properly? Because I wasn't able to do this even by reading tutorials for dummies O_o (Or my MVC++E got bugged for any reasons)

Re: AW: Re: Plugin development guide - Kyosaur - 08.11.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI
View Post
Please can you show me how to locate the header files properly? Because I wasn't able to do this even by reading tutorials for dummies O_o (Or my MVC++E got bugged for any reasons)
Ok, i'll help you out via PM. To be honest though this is something you should REALLY know how to do.

Re: Plugin development guide - Calgon - 08.11.2011

You should consider extending this tutorial beyond the basics - I figured this all out already, after messing with the SDK. Otherwise, I'm sure this will be helpful - I'd rather have read a tutorial like this (or RyDeR`'s) instead of spending ages playing with the SDK functions.

AW: Re: AW: Re: Plugin development guide - BigETI - 08.11.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosaur
View Post
Ok, i'll help you out via PM. To be honest though this is something you should REALLY know how to do.
Okay thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
View Post
You should consider extending beyond the basics - I figured this all out already, after messing with the SDK. Otherwise, I'm sure this will be helpful - I'd rather have read a tutorial like this (or RyDeR`'s) instead of spending ages playing with the SDK functions.
I believe this DOES go beyond the basics. The SDK isnt a super vast topic that can really be broken down any further really. What else should this topic cover? The only other thing i can honestly think of would be to include C/++ related segments covering advanced topics about the language itself... though there are already forums that'll do this way better then i ever could (i did link to some of them).

I believe everything SDK related is covered though (anything that's not, i will gladly add if you tell me what it is i forgot).