SA-MP Forums Archive
Beware of scammers - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Beware of scammers (/showthread.php?tid=277996)

Beware of scammers - R4v3nh34rt - 20.08.2011

I'm the owner of a roleplay server, not a very known one, and prior to this post date and time I talked to this guy who had logged on my server, claiming to be from a company known as nzgamingscripters. (Never heard of it).
Anyways, the company is supposed to run on a free hosted website on webs, and it was surprisingly down, with the typical "create your website" page as if it didn't even exist!
Very interesting. SO yeah I definetly trusted this guy , who i think aims to smaller servers because they're easier to infiltrate, and for some reason (probably stealing the script or something? ).
They claimed to possess a program which allows them to spectate servers and another program which allows them to read other servers log files!
Ahah, yeah ok. Definetly true and definetly LEGAL. It's very, very hard to make a program (aka exploit) that allows someone to hack into one specific OS version, let alone a program that is a universal log reader better than echelon. MEH! Another way to do this would be by exploiting a samp bug, which I don't think they're aware of nor they can exploit it

I don't know, maybe it's just a huge troll, but I still wanted to warn both the SAMP staff and its players and the whole community.

Beware of people like this, and beware of these guys if you ever see them on your server.

Here are the screenshots and forgive random server names as they were pmed to me:

Re: Beware of scammers - KeeDee - 20.08.2011

Listen, he trying to you to make him admin and he saying shit he wont turn this server down without the hoster permission ignore him and ban him and play

Re: Beware of scammers - Jochemd - 20.08.2011

Could you just give chatlog? It's annoying to open the slow imageshack.

Anyway, I don't think it's possible - unless they're trying to send you a server of RAT. I hope you got a proper virus scanner.

Re: Beware of scammers - R4v3nh34rt - 20.08.2011

I'm not personally worried about them as I've been into computers and programming for quite a long time, and also know about these poor attempts of social engineering. I don't really believe they're capable of any harm, especially those about checking the logs or shutting the server down. I just wanted to warn more naive / less aware people not to share nor accept anything from this kind of scammers. Many owners are not scripters and will possibly run malicious filterscripts. This is especially true for small servers.

Re: Beware of scammers - Steven82 - 20.08.2011

Cool.

Re: Beware of scammers - R4v3nh34rt - 20.08.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82
Посмотреть сообщение
Cool.
Uhu, let me increase my post count by quoting you, that makes two of us posting pointless posts

Re: Beware of scammers - Steven82 - 20.08.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4v3nh34rt
Посмотреть сообщение
Uhu, let me increase my post count by quoting you, that makes two of us posting pointless posts
I meant as in cool because close to everybody doesn't give a shit about this topic. And you saying i am increasing my post count, i actually don't care about my post count. An ironic thing after stating this, YOU POSTED ANOTHER response to this topic, which is infact double posting. Into my point...it makes people think your trying to increase your post count.

Re: Beware of scammers - SchurmanCQC - 20.08.2011

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I meant as in cool because close to everybody doesn't give a shit about this topic. And you saying i am increasing my post count, i actually don't care about my post count. An ironic thing after stating this, YOU POSTED ANOTHER response to this topic, which is infact double posting. Into my point...it makes people think your trying to increase your post count.
That's not double posting.

Re: Beware of scammers - Steven82 - 21.08.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
That's not double posting.
So posting another topic after 2 minutes, is not double posting? Didn't know that..

Re: Beware of scammers - R4v3nh34rt - 21.08.2011

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I know what you meant , you little chimp and frankly if you're not interested you should not post at all instead of putting words in everyone's mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingunit
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry you are just stupid. He is showing a free website domain (.webs) then I'll directly cut off the conversation.
Also you are just greedy to get some filterscipts. Sad
Ahm? Are you talking about me ? I've scripted my gamemode from scratch I don't need filterscripts for the following reasons:

1) I prefer scripting everything myself
2) I didn't believe a word he said since the beginning therefore I didn't think he had anything useful for me even if I was interested.
3) How could I possibly be interested in "filterscripts" when I'm not even aware of what they do. I was mocking him and If I had gotten the filterscripts I would have opened them and realized there was malicious code in it .

Nah I'm definetly not interested in other people's filterscripts, the only filterscripts I use is a speedometer filterscript and a basketball one (which I've never actually used for more than 2 hours in a row as I wanted to edit it). And yes I can make a speedometer, but this one was done nicely with a great textdraw job .

What about the free website anyway? I'm just warning people not to trust this kind of people, I don't need your amazing brains to understand they were not real professionists, lmao.

Ah.. and, read the title: "Beware of scammers".

Does that mean I didn't realize who I was dealing with? Meh!