SA-MP Forums Archive
Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Client Support (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? (/showthread.php?tid=258404)

Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - Remba031 - 30.05.2011

I downloaded sa-mp server yesterday and edited a gf script it all worked fine.Today i turned on my pc and it couldn't start first there was a blue screen and it crashed.I restarted it and on the screen there was a message "DISK BOOT FAILURE" so i restarted my pc again and windows finally started.My brother says that running a windows server and scripting can damage or slow down a computer.Is that true or he is just stupid xD?

Please reply.

Re: Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - Jay. - 30.05.2011

wrong section, but possibly because I have a server that usages alot of RAM and I have problems with my game freezing, so. maybe, but wait for more advanced scripters to reply.

Re: Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - playbox12 - 30.05.2011

I can see running a server possibly harm your PC. By that I mean eating away too much of the resources on a low-end PC. Though I doubt it. Scripting however, I find it very unlikely to cause a boot failure same goes with running a server.

Re: Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - Remba031 - 30.05.2011

Ok im going to wait for advanced scripters to reply

And sorry for posting in the wrong section xD

Re: Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - Patrik356b - 30.05.2011

"DISK BOOT FAILURE" can be the result of a bad windows update. It has nothing to do with sa-mp unless you downloaded a version which messed around inside the boot config or windows own files

It could be a temporary thing, or it might not. In case of the later; You can usually "repair" windows, using the windows disc, there are loads of guides for that.

Re: Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - Remba031 - 30.05.2011

So scripting and running a samp server cannot harm my computer?

I will update my windows now thanks for your help.

Re: Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - Jean_Pierre - 30.05.2011

Okay, So, Remba. I am not scripted myself, but i will take a part of this.
So, 1. Scripting can not harm your computer in anyway.
2. Running can not HARM; But if your hosting the server from your OWN COMPUTER ( aka home hosting ) It slows down. Also, If it eats much of RAM Space, it may slow down your computer, but should not harm it.
Also, the "Blue screen that crashed" is Windows' famous "Blue screen of death". You can find more info about Blue Screen Of Death by googling its name.
I have had the Blue screen of deaths, but they should go away by time. If not, search ****** for additional problems, which might cause this to happen.
-Regards, Jean.

Re: Can scripting and running a server harm my computer? - Remba031 - 31.05.2011

Thank you so much for your reply it helped me a lot.
Im running a sa-mp server in lan only so it can't slow down my computer.

I can continue scripting now xD