SA-MP Forums Archive
[Tool/Web/Other] QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP Scripting and Plugins (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Filterscripts (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Forum: Tools and Files (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Thread: [Tool/Web/Other] QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) (/showthread.php?tid=247689)

Pages: 1 2 3

QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - StatusRed - 10.04.2011

QuickPawn
Current Version: 2.1

DOWNLOAD

Features:*There is no compiler for Mac but there is for Linux and Windows

Requirements:
* Linux
- JRE 5.0 (latest preferred, OpenJDK is best)
- g++ (sudo apt-get install g++)
- cmake (sudo apt-get install cmake)
- Pawn Compiler (supplied)

* Windows
- JRE 5.0 (latest preferred)
- Pawn Compiler (supplied)

Screen shots:

New script

Find/Search

Compiler output

A function being added by double clicking it on the function list

Font changer

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - gamer931215 - 10.04.2011

Looks nice, il test it
btw why did you make it in java? c#/c++ is a lot user-friendly (currently your application is opening with winrar to me :P, il try installing java)

Edit: it works, but eehm there are no includes ?
didnt you add the default includes maybe (if we need to do that ourself, please add it into the readme file!)
also when i hit F5 in order to compile it gives me a empty debugscreen (so no text on it).

Edit #2: Problem found, you must NOT rename the main folder,
anyways this looks really amazing! nice highlighting, system to find missing brackets, easy browing thrue all your functions etc, nice!

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - Markx - 10.04.2011

Really gooooooooooood!

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - StatusRed - 10.04.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer931215
Посмотреть сообщение
Looks nice, il test it
btw why did you make it in java? c#/c++ is a lot user-friendly (currently your application is opening with winrar to me :P, il try installing java)
You have to unzip it first.

If you try to run the .jar from within WinRar or whatever, it doesn't work.

And yeah, you need Java installed :P

Secondly, I don't agree that C# or C++ is more user friendly, if I wanted to I could have packaged the editor as a .exe but the problem then emerges that I'd have to create two downloads, one for Linux/Mac and one for Windows (which I didn't want to do). If Java is installed a .jar should just run when double clicked.

Lastly, I am a Java programmer not a C programmer, that's why it's in Java (which I feel is better).

Thanks for downloading and testing! Enjoy

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - gamer931215 - 10.04.2011

problem solved via pm/teamviewer,
do not rename the folder!

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - StatusRed - 10.04.2011

@gamer931215

I downloaded it just now and I have:
a_objects
a_players
a_samp
a_sampdb
a_vehicles
core
datagram
file
float
string
time

Have you extracted the files and kept them all in the same directory?

problem solved via pm/teamviewer,
do not rename the folder!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
QFA
Check your PMs :P

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - Anker_by - 04.05.2011

I using Ubuntu 10.04 and works perfectly.

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - Hiddos - 05.05.2011

Worth a try, even though I'm almost sure I'll stick to Pawno ^^

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - Stigg - 05.05.2011

Great effort, tested it work's well. Though i will be sticking to notepad++.
Well done.

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - Joe Staff - 05.05.2011

Be sure to add a save-before-exitting feature in your next update.

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - linuxthefish - 05.05.2011

Wow, AWESOME!

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - SlashPT - 06.05.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHuntR
View Post
Be sure to add a save-before-exitting feature in your next update.
by selecting to make it on the options...

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - StatusRed - 22.05.2011

Thanks for the feed back guys

Sorry I haven't been checking this thread recently.

I agree it does need a "Are you sure you want to quit? Save before Exit" feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavor
View Post
I have problem with includes. I don't see functions on Ubuntu 11.04.
I think this is because you haven't put it in your "Home" directory properly, it's weird with Ubuntu. Please read the readme very thoroughly if running in Ubuntu.

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - CarbonFiberSpoon - 22.05.2011

This is indeed an awesome program, I highly liked it.
However, as it didn't have content assist, it didn't fit my needs. If it had had that, I would've never started writing my own IDE

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - Phanto90 - 22.05.2011

Nice

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - SpiderWalk - 22.05.2011

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Looks nice, il test it

Edit: it works, but eehm there are no includes ?
didnt you add the default includes maybe (if we need to do that ourself, please add it into the readme file!)
also when i hit F5 in order to compile it gives me a empty debugscreen (so no text on it).

Edit #2: Problem found, you must NOT rename the main folder,
anyways this looks really amazing! nice highlighting, system to find missing brackets, easy browing thrue all your functions etc, nice!
Where you host you web site

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - StatusRed - 28.05.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWalk
Посмотреть сообщение
Where you host you web site
What? :S

Re: QuickPawn v2.1 (Multi Platform PAWN editor and compiler) - System64 - 28.05.2011

Its very nice but original pawno is <3 <3 <3