SA-MP Forums Archive
Train tracks - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Train tracks (/showthread.php?tid=245903)

Pages: 1 2

Train tracks - M@rsik - 02.04.2011

Hi I wanna ask you why did you blocked tracks4.dat (second track) and tracks2.dat (a track to the crane, docks in SF).
In 0.2 you could spawn trains on those tracks. I think these tracks are blocked because of their incompleteness to aviod some lags...

I have done a completed version of tracks4.dat (second track around SA). Please can you include this file to the client instead of blocked (I think empty) one.

Leave tracks2 blocked because it's really useless, but my tracks4.dat allows to drive train all over sa on both tracks.

Here's a screenshot that proves completeness of the track. By default it covers only part of LS and SF but here you can see both trains are in LV:

And here is the file in archive and also as a text file (you need to rename it from .txt to .dat)

Kind regards.

Re: Trains - SchurmanCQC - 02.04.2011

I disagree with the main idea of this post, train tracks aren't needed, nor does the samp devs have to take their time to do this.

Re: Trains - Noss* - 02.04.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
I disagree with the main idea of this post, train tracks aren't needed, nor does the samp devs have to take their time to do this.
What do you mean they are not needed? Ofcourse they are needed.Maybe you are not interested in roleplay servers but some people are and this is a great idea.

Re: Train tracks - Ruffles. - 02.04.2011

Well, tracks2 could be used for simple transport, so it may be useful, and may look more realistic.

Re: Train tracks - vpontin - 26.06.2011

Fantastic Patch! Thanks!
But, what are the mappable train tracks in the GTA (which has editable .dat files)?

Re: Train tracks - linuxthefish - 26.06.2011

I agree with the OP, it's silly to remove them!

Re: Train tracks - vpontin - 27.06.2011

But the option to put trains on these tracks no longer exist? It is still possible to put the train on another track in SAMP 0.3C?

Re: Train tracks - Mrkrabz - 27.06.2011

I'm sure there was a problem with it, however I would like to see this implanted if it's possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
View Post
I'm sure there was a problem with it, however I would like to see this implanted if it's possible
Yes, there was. The 2nd track, by default, was incomplete. But the fix created by M@rsik complete it.

Re: Train tracks - Jay_ - 27.06.2011

I think there was an issue with the nodes which is also the reason R* left it out. Try driving on track2 near the San Fierro train station, the train will suddenly turn and drive through mid-air.

Re: Train tracks - Ruffles. - 27.06.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
View Post
I think there was an issue with the nodes which is also the reason R* left it out. Try driving on track2 near the San Fierro train station, the train will suddenly turn and drive through mid-air.
Yeah, I believe track2 was used for "Snail Trail", and it was speculated by several people as a glitch where it flies over air, into land, and goes to it's scripted location - some place located by Red County/Palomino Creek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
View Post
I know that, so I downloaded the complete file for this trail.
In my case, no problem passing this to the players, the problem is that SA-MP Team disabled access to these rails 'incomplete' by default...

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntkillas
View Post
Yeah, I believe track2 was used for "Snail Trail", and it was speculated by several people as a glitch where it flies over air, into land, and goes to it's scripted location - some place located by Red County/Palomino Creek.
Lazy R* Developers don't complete the track, but as I said, i ****** for a fix for it and find (IN THIS FORUM) the solution.
Internally, the rails are read from .dat files located in %GTA%/data/Paths
The tracks.dat, if I remember correctly, is responsible for the main track. and the tracks<1-4>.dat, for the other rails. I Just downloaded a fixed tracks4.dat, which contains all Las Venturas/Fort Carson for 2nd rail, and was wondering if there is still to the SAMP or will return the ability to spawn other trains in other rails. Like I said, no problem in my case to send the 'fixes' for the players (Hamachi server )...

Re: Train tracks - PCheriyan007 - 28.06.2011

I'm pretty sure that this can be implemented into the SA-MP Client. If the developers managed to block the usage of custom handling.cfg's and instead use stock handling, I'm pretty sure they can do the same with tracks4.dat. The only difference however is instead of using default lines they'd be using custom ones. I also want to point out that this is an amazing contribution to the SA-MP Forums as well as the rest of the San Andreas community. I do hope will be implemented in the next version of the SA-MP Client. I was also thinking, your contribution could be the start of newer additions to SA-MP, for example custom track setups. Imagine a train that would turn and go to your custom island that you built and stop at a station there.

Re: Train tracks - vpontin - 28.06.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCheriyan007
View Post
I'm pretty sure that this can be implemented into the SA-MP Client. If the developers managed to block the usage of custom handling.cfg's and instead use stock handling, I'm pretty sure they can do the same with tracks4.dat. The only difference however is instead of using default lines they'd be using custom ones. I also want to point out that this is an amazing contribution to the SA-MP Forums as well as the rest of the San Andreas community. I do hope will be implemented in the next version of the SA-MP Client. I was also thinking, your contribution could be the start of newer additions to SA-MP, for example custom track setups. Imagine a train that would turn and go to your custom island that you built and stop at a station there.
Good idea, and more using custom tracks + objects could make amazing maps, better than now

Re: Train tracks - dr_vista - 29.06.2011

How did you spawn it on the unblocked track? whenver I try to, it spawns on the original track.

Re: Train tracks - vpontin - 29.06.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_vista
View Post
How did you spawn it on the unblocked track? whenver I try to, it spawns on the original track.
I Use a GTA SinglePlayer CLEO Script (HERE The Mod)
PS.: But in multiplayer mode, even using this script, it spawns the train on the standard track...

Re: Train tracks - M@rsik - 30.06.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpontin
View Post
But the option to put trains on these tracks no longer exist? It is still possible to put the train on another track in SAMP 0.3C?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_vista
View Post
You need to rename tracks4.dat file from this topic to tracks3.dat and replace (with a backup of cource) original file.

But 'tracks3.dat' is originally used for tram track in SF, so you will be able to spawn trains on both train tracks but trams in SF won't work (in singleplayer mode too).

That's why I was asking to unblock 'tracks4.dat'

Also note that it will cause some unsync when playing on servers with trams in SF, etc.
So make a backup!

Re: Train tracks - leong124 - 30.06.2011

I support you.
I still cannot understand what problem will be caused if we use those tracks(even it's incomplete).
No crash will be produced, as it was there in 0.2.
The only issue is that the trains fly over the land, but it's not a very important issue that trains do no have flying cheats.

Re: Train tracks - Moron - 30.06.2011

Yes, it would be really nice if it would be possible to use both tracks, I would make one for players and one for NPC in my RP server.

Re: Train tracks - vpontin - 30.06.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@rsik
View Post
You need to rename tracks4.dat file from this topic to tracks3.dat and replace (with a backup of cource) original file.

But 'tracks3.dat' is originally used for tram track in SF, so you will be able to spawn trains on both train tracks but trams in SF won't work (in singleplayer mode too).

That's why I was asking to unblock 'tracks4.dat'

Also note that it will cause some unsync when playing on servers with trams in SF, etc.
So make a backup!
I've just downloaded your tracks4.dat, which is responsible for another railroad. (HERE the post)
I not change the tram's .dat files.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong124
View Post
I support you.
I still cannot understand what problem will be caused if we use those tracks(even it's incomplete).
No crash will be produced, as it was there in 0.2.
The only issue is that the trains fly over the land, but it's not a very important issue that trains do no have flying cheats.
I also don't understand why remove access to those tracks.
There appeared to be major bugs with these tracks, except for are incomplete...