SA-MP Forums Archive
Video Card Broken? - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Everything and Nothing (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Video Card Broken? (/showthread.php?tid=243058)

Video Card Broken? - Gemini - 21.03.2011

SEE PICTURE: Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is happening since 3 days ago. I joined a samp server, and after 1 minute my screen got all different colors,
I turned it off, but when I turned back on my computer, the colors were still there. Then 2 days later everything worked fine, atleast before I went on a samp server again.... the screen fucked up again, and it still is everytime i turn on my computer (It started 10 hours ago, and it still doesnt work).

I assume that its the video card that is defect, is this correct?
My computer is nearly 4 years old.

(the colors in the screen escaladed from the picture above, there are pink orange squares, stripes and the hell i dont know what more....)

Re: Video Card Broken? - Gforcez - 21.03.2011

Does this happen on other games too?

Re: Video Card Broken? - Gemini - 21.03.2011

No it didnt, it only started when i tried to join a samp server. But now my computer doesnt do anything. I cant use it anymore since the colors are there.

Re: Video Card Broken? - XFlawless - 21.03.2011

Try updating all your video drive.

Re: Video Card Broken? - Gemini - 21.03.2011

but how? HOW can I do that if my computer doesnt work anymore? I can turn it on but I CANT see the screen because of all the colors, they wont go away. I hear the windows starting sound, so it does work, but I cant see my desktop or anything.

Re: Video Card Broken? - RyDeR` - 21.03.2011

It's probably you graphics card either your monitor (but I don't think so). Try another monitor and see if it works. Otherwise just try to fix your graphics card or buy another one.
You can fix your graphics card by baking it for 10-15 minutes @ +- 300°. Try, you have nothing to lose.

Re: Video Card Broken? - WackoX - 21.03.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
Посмотреть сообщение
You can fix your graphics card by baking it for 10-15 minutes @ +- 300°. Try, you have nothing to lose.
Tried that once, completely ruined my old broken videocard..

Re: Video Card Broken? - Stigg - 21.03.2011

Looks like the gfx card is on the way out, from what i can see in the pics, you have some swollen pots. They look like thier burning out. How long have you had the gfx card ?

Re: Video Card Broken? - XFlawless - 21.03.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
Посмотреть сообщение
It's probably you graphics card either your monitor (but I don't think so). Try another monitor and see if it works. Otherwise just try to fix your graphics card or buy another one.
Max temperature a capacitor can handle is from 85 - 90°. It will fry up the internal capacitor oil and it will explode.

Re: Video Card Broken? - RyDeR` - 21.03.2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlawless
Посмотреть сообщение
Max temperature a capacitor can handle is from 85 - 90°. It will fry up the internal capacitor oil and it will explode.
Don't worry, nothing will happen if you remove all stuff, paper, platic and stuff that are not a part of the graphics card. If you do this correctly, you will have no problem.