SA-MP Forums Archive
Post your speedtest.net result! - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: Other (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Everything and Nothing (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Post your speedtest.net result! (/showthread.php?tid=191472)

Pages: 1 2

Post your speedtest.net result! - Serediucr - 19.11.2010

me:

You??

AW: what speed of internet do you have? - Saitecx - 19.11.2010

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - Danny - 19.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serediucr
View Post
me:

You??
Lol you seems to have epic internet ...

I don't going to upload a picture cuz im to lazy, but i believe i have 25mb internet.

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - Grim_ - 19.11.2010

I seem to be confused about Mb and MB as well.

According to speedtest.net, I have a ~ 23 Mb/s Download. The first day I got my new modem, I was getting 1 MB/s download speed, however now that it has been a few days, I only get around 150 Kb/s. Is 150 Kb/s the right amount of speed for that, or am I getting capped by my ISP for no reason? (I have a feeling it's the second, seeing how my mom pays the bills a month late every month -_-)

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - TheGuardianAngel - 19.11.2010

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1037211534.png

RDS - Romanian Data Systems are f*king awesome

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - JaTochNietDan - 19.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_
View Post
I seem to be confused about Mb and MB as well.

According to speedtest.net, I have a ~ 23 Mb/s Download. The first day I got my new modem, I was getting 1 MB/s download speed, however now that it has been a few days, I only get around 150 Kb/s. Is 150 Kb/s the right amount of speed for that, or am I getting capped by my ISP for no reason? (I have a feeling it's the second, seeing how my mom pays the bills a month late every month -_-)
23 megabits = 2.87500 megabytes (****** calculator)

2.87 MB/s = 2,870KB/s

So yes you are definitely not getting what you are paying for, if you are indeed paying for 23Mb/s, although most companies also have a contention ratio on all of their lines, which means that 23Mb/s could be shared by a lot of people in your neighborhood, sometimes it can be up to 40 people, or more, on that same line.

So try downloading really late at night, and hope that there are no other people aware of the lack of usage in your neighborhood during the night time, and see what kind of speeds you can get. Although it's also possible that for some reason they did limit you.

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - Danny - 19.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
View Post

2.87 MB/s = 2,870KB/s

So yes you are definitely not getting what you are paying for, if you are indeed paying for 23Mb/s, although most companies also have a contention ratio on all of their lines, which means that 23Mb/s could be shared by a lot of people in your neighborhood, sometimes it can be up to 40 people, or more, on that same line.

So try downloading really late at night, and hope that there are no other people aware of the lack of usage in your neighborhood during the night time, and see what kind of speeds you can get. Although it's also possible that for some reason they did limit you.
So, your mean internet compagnies are screwing us?

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - WillyP - 19.11.2010

LOL I kept typing random numbers between the site and the .jpg part:

Mine:

The one in my sig is at my dads.

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - Toni - 19.11.2010

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - blackwave - 19.11.2010

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - Grim_ - 19.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
View Post

2.87 MB/s = 2,870KB/s

Thanks for the information, I had no idea that there would be shared internet connections, however I never really read up on it either. I'll try doing it again really late at night, seeing how I stay up to 1am anyway. I don't notice much of a difference when I do download later at night, but I might get lucky tonight.

And it was interesting because the first night of my modem, when I was getting up to 1 Mb every second, it was in the normal time that I download my usual files. ( I downloaded a whole game, which I paid for then lost the disk.., in less than 2 hours - 5 GB )

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - CJ101 - 19.11.2010

Win.

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - woot - 19.11.2010

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - Kitten - 19.11.2010

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - [L3th4l] - 19.11.2010

My cheap shit :

Respuesta: what speed of internet do you have? - fox3r - 19.11.2010

Respuesta: what speed of internet do you have? - MrDeath537 - 19.11.2010

I've got 3 MBs (it's a shit), I'll get 6 MBs in a few days.

, It's strange!

Respuesta: what speed of internet do you have? - xenowort - 19.11.2010

MrDeath cablevision is my first ISP, a really good conections with a Dinamic IP of 2 weeks. It changes when you reinstall windows.
But Arnet changes everyday xD.

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - Snipa - 20.11.2010

Re: what speed of internet do you have? - DRIFT_HUNTER - 20.11.2010

omg 30mb/s