SA-MP Forums Archive
Hosted Tab Suggestion - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Hosted Tab Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

Pages: 1 2 3

Hosted Tab Suggestion - Infinity - 31.10.2010

BEFORE READING PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
I do not have anything against ServeFFS or it's staff.To be honest, I think they are rather good.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

I had a small sugestion for the Hosted Tab.
Instead of centralising it at one host, how about letting hosts apply to sell them.
It would kinda look like this:

Quote:

Every host-company can apply to sell Hosted Tab Listings to it's customers.
For every customer they have to pay Ђx a month, and for what they resell it is up to them.

This would be in favor of both customers and hosts, as not all server-owners are customers at THAT big hosting company that has the monopoly on selling hosted tab listings. (Like we had with FFS)
People can just buy them at the Hosting company they prefer.

This was my idea.
Please don't pay any attention to the spelling mistakes I made, I'm tired.

~Infinity

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Toni - 31.10.2010

This is a really bad idea in my opinion. First of all, some hosts will probably start to do some insulting, then it comes to all this other crap.

And second of all, SA:MP is a free mod, it doesn't get a profit from it. As far as I remember, ServerFFS only got the hosted tab money. SA:MP got no profit out of that.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Sergei - 31.10.2010

Just remove hosted tab. It's just a way of money farming and another internet list for people who like to spend money on virtual things. There are tons of other way how to promote your server and how to find a good server to play on. Hosted tab and internet list aren't one of them tho'.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Las Venturas CNR - 31.10.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
View Post
Just remove hosted tab. It's just a way of money farming and another internet list for people who like to spend money on virtual things. There are tons of other way how to promote your server and how to find a good server to play on. Hosted tab and internet list aren't one of them tho'.

The hosted list however has got SOME servers popular...
And that's what SOME depend on actually.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Sergei - 31.10.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Venturas CNR
View Post
The hosted list however has got SOME servers popular...
And that's what SOME depend on actually.
That's why it should not exist. Those SOME servers are mainly those which wouldn't be even noticed without hosted tab (f.e. all those godfathers).

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Saurik - 31.10.2010

I don't think there was a huge monopoly, ServerFFS did a great job hosting the hosted list.

Hosted List should be there but limited good servers only. So there wouldn't be 180 servers but like 60 because 120 of the servers have 5 players a day.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - playerking - 01.11.2010

Lol thats a bad idea.

Quote:
View Post
Just remove hosted tab
Do you even have a server? or your poor ? removing hosted list is stupid...

Quote:
View Post
It's just a way of money farming and another internet list for people who like to spend money on virtual things.
Thats like saying every server should remove "Donation" Feature

Hosted list is made as u buy it and get a special place on the list, if you don't have money, its your problem and that doesn't mean others don't have.

Oh and thats why theres a "not empty" box to click, to remove all the stupid servers.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Saurik - 01.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerking
View Post
Lol thats a bad idea.

Do you even have a server? or your poor ? removing hosted list is stupid...

Thats like saying every server should remove "Donation" Feature

Hosted list is made as u buy it and get a special place on the list, if you don't have money, its your problem and that doesn't mean others don't have.

Oh and thats why theres a "not empty" box to click, to remove all the stupid servers.
Hes posting his opinion and you cant just say you are right and hes wrong. And buying hosted list doesn't freaking mean your rich. If you cant buy it doesn't mean your poor, in most cases people just don't want to spend their money.

@ Sergei

It was up all the time without any down time and thats good work.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Scenario - 01.11.2010

I say remove the hosted tab. It just gives an unfair advantage over all of the servers...

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - TheHoodRat - 01.11.2010

I just checked now...

Loading hosted list...

Code:
1558 players playing on 113 servers.
"Pressed the Not Empty box"
1558 players playing on 73 servers.
It's a waste of money when 40 server's has no players on it and it's on the hosted tab, yet all the rest are just 3-100 players, and only like 2 that's over 200...

I agree with RealCop228. Hosted tab is useless in my opinion.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Las Venturas CNR - 01.11.2010

Quote:
View Post
That's why it should not exist. Those SOME servers are mainly those which wouldn't be even noticed without hosted tab (f.e. all those godfathers).
Not really, there's some good server's from scratch not on the hosted list.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Sergei - 01.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Las Venturas CNR
View Post
Not really, there's some good server's from scratch not on the hosted list.
That's what I'm talking about. If server is made to be successful it will be regardless of hosted tab status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
View Post
It was up all the time without any down time and thats good work.
This is the same as you would say that you eat everyday and that's a good work. They are hosting company. They live only for uptime.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Infinity - 01.11.2010

Hosted Tab is not a way to make a server popular, but it does contribute to the ammount of players in a server.
For example, I used to co-own a reasonably popular server, with an average of 80-100 players at a time.
When we weren't on the hosted tab for about 3 weeks, we could see the ammount of players drop to an average of 30-40 players at a time. The reason wasn't because those other players were the "play for 5 minute and go to the next server" type, but the reason is that the internet list is hardly looked at. (And because they are too empty-headed to add servers to their favourites)
Most of the SA-MP players just automaticly open the hosted tab and look for servers to play on there.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Seven. - 01.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by [jS]Infinity
View Post
Hosted Tab is not a way to make a server popular, but it does contribute to the ammount of players in a server.
For example, I used to co-own a reasonably popular server, with an average of 80-100 players at a time.
When we weren't on the hosted tab for about 3 weeks, we could see the ammount of players drop to an average of 30-40 players at a time. The reason wasn't because those other players were the "play for 5 minute and go to the next server" type, but the reason is that the internet list is hardly looked at. (And because they are too empty-headed to add servers to their favourites)
Most of the SA-MP players just automaticly open the hosted tab and look for servers to play on there.
+1.. I never look at internet list because there are 800 gf edits and like 100 lvdm scripts running..

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - WillyP - 01.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven.
View Post
+1.. I never look at internet list because there are 800 gf edits and like 100 lvdm scripts running..
Yeah, never mind the 1000's of empty servers that are running too.

This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 60 seconds.

EDIT:

When I think about it, I think that the 'Hosted List' should be removed.

Even if you'r server IS in the Hosted List, doesn't mean that you will get tonnes of players. I sometimes look at the 'Internet' section, and I find some good servers with around 10-15 players on, which I find a nice amount for a zombie server or something. Even if you cant be bothered to look through the Internet tab, theres always the server advertisement section here.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Scenario - 01.11.2010

I think what should happen is that the servers who never get any players and just sit on the list should be automatically removed. I load up the full "internet tab" sometimes and peruse all of the dumb servers that people have up there. The majority of servers on the list have 10 - 11 year old owners who couldn't identify the difference between an ass and a vagina. They use edited scripts with names which the steal from other servers. Then they join this forum and demand all of us around. Its really getting on my nerves!

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - CJ101 - 01.11.2010

I agree with what RealCop says. a automatic removal for inactive servers would be great.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - WillyP - 01.11.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
I think what should happen is that the servers who never get any players and just sit on the list should be automatically removed. I load up the full "internet tab" sometimes and peruse all of the dumb servers that people have up there. The majority of servers on the list have 10 - 11 year old owners who couldn't identify the difference between an ass and a vagina. They use edited scripts with names which the steal from other servers. Then they join this forum and demand all of us around. Its really getting on my nerves!
Yeah, a VERY good idea there. Maybe if servers are inactive for around 1 week straight, they get automatically removed, and possibly a second tab, such as 'Internet List' then 'Popular servers' and the popular servers pretty much always have players, almost everyday, making life alot easier whilst trying to find decent servers with a good amount of players.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - Hiddos - 01.11.2010

Quote:
View Post
You sir, deserve a medal.

I'm against the hosted tab, the official tab was great because only 'good' servers could have a chance at it, let alone there were only around 20 of them.

Re: Hosted Tab Suggestion - alpha500delta - 01.11.2010

What about hosted for server who have 24/7 uptime and a minimum of 20 players...