SA-MP Forums Archive
Problems installing San Andreas - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Client Support (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Problems installing San Andreas (/showthread.php?tid=152756)

Problems installing San Andreas - mburrows75 - 05.06.2010

Greetings

Im having a couple problems actually installing the main GTA game. Whenever i open up the installation, i choose the path for the installation (which is initially blank, dunno if that is correct) and then when i choose to install it says everything that is going to install is going to take 0 KB...i install and i am able to load the main game (the .exe is in the C:/Windows folder even though i specified the game to install on another drive under the name F:/GTSA) i tell the sa-mp that that is where my gta sa is installed and i get the single player bug error, the game wont even load it just crashes after i select new game.

i am using windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

i mainly just want to figure out what is wrong with the installation and why i cant get it into the F:/GTASA and why it says 0KB.

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - Andy_McKinley - 05.06.2010

Is your disc damaged? That could be the problem.

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - mburrows75 - 05.06.2010

no my disk looks fine....i havent touched it since i installed it when i had XP about 6 months ago.

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - TurtleNeck - 05.06.2010

Try installing it where it should be installing in the Program files.

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - mburrows75 - 05.06.2010

when i try to install again, i double click on the dvd drive, and i get the menu asking me to play, install dx 9, uninstall the game...i click uninstall and get

"there was a problem starting C:\Program

the specified module could not be found"

i looked in both my hard drives, there is no Rockstar folder. nothing in the GTASA folder i created.

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - Andy_McKinley - 06.06.2010

Try ''C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas'' first! Or did you try already? I heard that Windows 7 64bit could be the problem! :O Weird because I have Windows 7 too.

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - mburrows75 - 06.06.2010

yup, tried that, no go.

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - Andy_McKinley - 06.06.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburrows75
yup, tried that, no go.
They say Windows 7 64bit can cause the most problems but search on ******, your answer might be there!

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - Burridge - 06.06.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix
They say Windows 7 64bit can cause the most problems but search on ******, your answer might be there!
Well, bad news for them, they're WRONG! My windows 7 copy is 64-bit, not one problem with SA at all. All this talk about having problems with Windows 7 is utter nonsense.

Now, you should have two Program Files folders in your C drive. If yours is like mine they should be named Program Files, and Program Files (x86). Program Files is the 64-bit one, and Program Files (x86) being the 32-bit one. Try browsing for the Program Files (x86) one if you have a 64-bit machine, and install it that way.

So basically, try installing on your C drive in Program Files (x86) folder. Hopefully it should work, as I said, I never once have had a problem with any game I've installed on Win7.

Re: Problems installing San Andreas - mburrows75 - 07.06.2010

yes,, burridge, i have tried that, ive tried just about everything, it doesnt actually install for some reason, i can get to the menu, but that is just about it.