SA-MP Forums Archive
Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. (/showthread.php?tid=114763)

Pages: 1 2

Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Burridge - 20.12.2009

Since the old topic is locked, I shall post a new one.

Kye said this in the old topic;
Quote:

I have released an update to the server [0.3a R4] to try and address this issue. It's available on the download page. It has been in testing on GamerX for over 3 weeks and some people who were experiencing the half-disconnect problem have reported it being solved. Some others are still reporting problems being completely disconnected but it seems to be related to their internet connection and the server they're connecting to. It's not related to this same bug from what I can tell.

But I don't think it is fully fixed, see the video below. I may be wrong, but better safe than sorry.

SA-MP bug still there?

You can see that someone's speaking to me, they told me on skype they were in my passenger seat, but they wernt there, but I could see their chat.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - RoBo - 20.12.2009

Packetloss?

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Virtual1ty - 21.12.2009

still happens to me too sometimes..

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Joske_Vermeulen - 21.12.2009

he probably got "kicked" from your game because an error has applied (you might have missed the blue message)

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Burridge - 21.12.2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Contador=
he probably got "kicked" from your game because an error has applied (you might have missed the blue message)
Nope, it never appeared, trust me. It wasn't just him anyway, it was everyone in the server for me. Trust me, I wouldn't of reported this if I had that error appear.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Striker_Moe - 21.12.2009

Oh ffs. I have the same problem too.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Burridge - 21.12.2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKinley
Daniel, maybe because you use the wrong mods or something that ruins your game.
/facepalm - I play SA-MP only with Weapon Skin mods, nothing else. That wouldn't cause total desync.

Quote:
Daniel, why did you remove /sync ?
/facepalm x 2 - You're banned from our server for money hacking anyway, so stay off if I were you, no more off-topic nonsence from you, or I'll report you for spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo3
Oh ffs. I have the same problem too.
I had it again today aswell. Before it happened, my screen totally froze, and no chat was coming through, then after a while the chat started moving again, but all players were off my screen.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Sew_Sumi - 22.12.2009

Did you edit the stream rates at all?

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - BP13 - 22.12.2009

I already made a topic:

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=139748.0

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Burridge - 22.12.2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SU
That's about the deathbug, not de-syncing from the whole entire server, and loosing the ability to see all the players. It's caused by a what seems faulty SetPlayerHealth, or by Explosions, as you showed on your topic. You should've read my topic properly before posting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Did you edit the stream rates at all?
Nope, their the same, and correct amounts for a 50 slot server.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - marharth - 22.12.2009

I can confirm this...

I was on a server I am admin on and suspected I was bugged so I did /adrestart (gmx) and I stayed in the same place even though I could still talk to other people on the server..

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Burridge - 22.12.2009

I hope all I said and what Other people said, helps the devs.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Jay_ - 22.12.2009

There are defintely some connection issues. I've noticed a lot of problems with dying (not always related to fire, as the other topic suggests) were players don't die, despite their health being on 0, they can run around and such, however on other peoples screen it will show you lying on the floor dead. After this happens you eventually 'half' loose connection to the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
[...]
Relating to what you said, I notice this "Death Bug" when the player's HP set's to 0 instantly, it happens. (SetPlayerHealth).

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Feche - 22.12.2009

I have the same bug when I play GamerX. When I put a teleport it says "You are now.. bla bla bla" but I still in the same place. Otherwise, the chat box runs fine, no de-sync at all.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Striker_Moe - 26.12.2009

It has become better (WTF), but sometimes it still appears. The chatbox gets out of sync and collapses.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - marharth - 27.12.2009

This bug is completely random right?

Does anyone know any triggers for it?

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Burridge - 02.01.2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by marharth
This bug is completely random right?
It does seem to be that way yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo3
It has become better (WTF), but sometimes it still appears. The chatbox gets out of sync and collapses.
Yeah, I hardly ever get it now, But, it's always nice to report bugs to the Devs, and help them out.

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Andy_McKinley - 03.01.2010

I don't know if this is the same or another type of sync but this happens to me too in 0.3a! It's when I'm in a hydra and stunting. Example: You know the Market Station (underground trainstation in LS). Someone wanted to take a screen of me while I was flying in that train tunnel but I was invinsible for him and other people and he could only see my name tag. This happens on all servers (I think) and maybe because it's a long tunnel.
Also when I throw a grenade, it explodes, but not for other people, only for me and they won't die because the grenade didn't explode for them!

You were talking about invinsible player sync and I about vehicle (hydra) and weapon sync, is this the same?

Re: Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed. - Burridge - 03.01.2010

Quote:
That can be caused by the vehicle not being in the right interior world. Remember on my old server, where I made those monster trucks invisible? That kind of thing. Although, was the vehicle invisible for you on your screen?