SA-MP Forums Archive
SA-MP 0.3.8 RC (cancelled -> 0.3.DL) - Printable Version

+- SA-MP Forums Archive (https://sampforum.blast.hk)
+-- Forum: SA-MP DL Edition (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Forum: SA-MP 0.3.DL (https://sampforum.blast.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Thread: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC (cancelled -> 0.3.DL) (/showthread.php?tid=644105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - [Twixx] - 10.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
heheh. that's a big ask for a free mod written without source code for a 2004 game.

Supposing you have all the artwork, you'll be able to do something like that. But don't expect the same level of character customisation as modern games. That won't happen in sa-mp.
Kalcor, would be great if you could also make it possible to replace existing models in the game. I would love to turn the default weapons transparent and attach my own. Some might say I can already do that by just putting a new weapon over the old one and scaling it, but in most cases the old weapon still sticks out.

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - KROOK - 10.11.2017

yo just drop the linux binaries already

nd yall stop asking for unnecessary shit lol

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - Xeon™ - 10.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROOK
Посмотреть сообщение
lemme explain this point.

If Kalcor did release the RC version for Linux, some stupid (server owners/Host providers) will update their servers to 0.3.8-RC1 instantly and they will force players to use the RC Version as a principal version...and by that the player count in 0.3.8 will grow-up and kye will be forced to start the listing even if this version isn't stable, and after doing that the players will start crying around "samp is bugged" "Kye create bugs not features" "samp is dead" "samp failed to copy mta".
so the best way to evade all of this^ is to not release the Linux version...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
RC version exists for a reason, its a test version in this period Kye is accepting questions and suggestions (most likely bug fixes)

so if you aren't interested to make your brain work to understand such easy thing, please don't reply, thank you

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - popeye - 10.11.2017

release this release cuz many people laugh on me when i said 0.3.8 came

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - Logic_ - 10.11.2017

@Kalcor, can you implement FreeArc as the compilation tool for the mods? I think it's a good compilation tool.

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - FufLa - 10.11.2017

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

I'd rather wait for the sanity checks for model files. Otherwise you get potentially rogue server hosts distributing malicious content to unsuspecting players.
They can already do that with the Windows server but I'd wager Linux ones are far more widespread.

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - Farooq - 11.11.2017

Finally, a feature everyone was waiting for. Thanks a lot, Kalcor.

Please add similar feature for textdraws as well

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - P3DROAlliance - 11.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDenZYR
Посмотреть сообщение
I was waiting for the custom thing! but not what i expected, the thing what i expected was gta V style where you get your own clothes, have your own face etc.. please make it like this.
You can do some shit like GTA IV. Its simple.

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - JustasFX - 11.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
heheh. that's a big ask for a free mod written without source code for a 2004 game.

Supposing you have all the artwork, you'll be able to do something like that. But don't expect the same level of character customisation as modern games. That won't happen in sa-mp.
How about adding ability to change CJ's clothes?

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - Baseball - 11.11.2017

Thanks Kalcor!

Looks good!

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - MafiaOink - 11.11.2017

I think adding cars and guns etc will be a whole different story as you will have to add all the weapons.dat and handling.cfg etc all those files for the cars which will take time to implement because he would also have to add a feature which would check if car is registered and added properly or not because it can make the clients crash and fuck everything up. A small mistake in handling.cfg would mess up the whole car..

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - MichiEXE - 11.11.2017

I got a weird problem with 0.3.8, i know its not ready yet and don't recommended for real use yet, but im just curious if its a real bug / error or not.

Creating Objects in OnGameModeInit works so far, but every first time the server starts and the gamemode gets loaded, no objects can be seen.. Using then "gmx" to "restart" the gamemode, they finally show up.
I tried everything, no plugins, just the blank script without anything except the createobject code, still happend on every server.exe launch. Gmx then makes them finally appear.

What i then did was disabling artwork. After I did this, it worked. I then tested the same script with the createobjects on a different server with all plugins loaded, that server also run 0.3.8 but I disabled artwork there too. Result: no objects till I reconnected or typed in gmx. For me, and for a friend.

Idk if its still only for me, but maybe mentioning it here is worth it.

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - feheristi97 - 11.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiEXE
Посмотреть сообщение
I got a weird problem with 0.3.8, i know its not ready yet and don't recommended for real use yet, but im just curious if its a real bug / error or not.

Creating Objects in OnGameModeInit works so far, but every first time the server starts and the gamemode gets loaded, no objects can be seen.. Using then "gmx" to "restart" the gamemode, they finally show up.
I tried everything, no plugins, just the blank script without anything except the createobject code, still happend on every server.exe launch. Gmx then makes them finally appear.

What i then did was disabling artwork. After I did this, it worked. I then tested the same script with the createobjects on a different server with all plugins loaded, that server also run 0.3.8 but I disabled artwork there too. Result: no objects till I reconnected or typed in gmx. For me, and for a friend.

Idk if its still only for me, but maybe mentioning it here is worth it.
I'm doing the same thing and it works good for me. When new SA-MP version comes out I always use the new SA-MP folder as my server 'brain', and I always update all my plugins what I have to make it compatible with the server gamemode and filterscript, make sure you do the same thing. Do not use your old pawno folders just update all of them again.

Thank you Kalcor for the update, so far this is the best update! I'm really excited for the vehicle modeling also in the future.

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - MichiEXE - 11.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by feheristi97
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm doing the same thing and it works good for me. When new SA-MP version comes out I always use the new SA-MP folder as my server 'brain', and I always update all my plugins what I have to make it compatible with the server gamemode and filterscript, make sure you do the same thing. Do not use your old pawno folders just update all of them again.
Ima check it out again and try it again - maybe I missed something.. but really I literally just unzipped samp0.3.8srv archive and used that folder with all the stuff in it.. I normally use zeex compiler but cuz of that bug I tried the default compiler, but that didn't fix it.
I tried everything - no plugins, no filterscripts, blank gamemode with only the createobject codes.. and so on..

I can not believe thats an actual bug anyway, I hope its for me only, and I guess, but yet I can not find out whats causing it to display the objects only after I reconnected once.

- hosterrus - 12.11.2017

Hi, give a version for Linux

Hi, give the version for Linux please

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - RxErT - 12.11.2017

nice work kalcor we've been waiting for this shit

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - m1n1vv - 12.11.2017

Add support of catalogues to the folder of models

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - dugi - 12.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1n1vv
Посмотреть сообщение
Add support of catalogues to the folder of models
It's already possible, you can use sub-folders in the models directory.

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - m1n1vv - 12.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugi
Посмотреть сообщение
It's already possible, you can use sub-folders in the models directory.
Can in same time and in "fopen"?

Re: SA-MP 0.3.8 RC - Luis- - 12.11.2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosterrus
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi, give a version for Linux

Hi, give the version for Linux please
Why do you need a linux version, seriously? You shouldn’t be running 0.3.8 on a public server anyway, it’s most probably got a lot of security issues.